22 Sep Register to Vote for the November 6, 2018 Election
October 10, 2018 is the last day to register to vote for the November 6, 2018 election. This year, the general election is on November 6, 2018. Do you need to register to vote? Follow the link below if you are not because deadlines are fast approaching. Unable to make it to an election polling place? There is also a link below to get more information on how to do an absentee ballot.
If you are not already registered to vote, you must register by October 10, 2018 to vote in the November 6, 2018 general election. The current election calendar is located here. If you still need to register, please go here.
If you are going to be absent from your polling place for any of the elections may vote absentee. The Secretary of State website has more information on absentee voting, including the form to fill out to request an absentee ballot. Valid reasons include:
- Absence on Election Day from the jurisdiction of the election authority in which I am registered;
- Incapacity or confinement due to illness or physical disability, including caring for a person who is incapacitated or confined due to illness or disability;
- Religious belief or practice;
- Employment as an election authority or by an election authority at a location other than my polling place;
- Incarceration, although I have retained all the necessary qualifications for voting;
- Certified participation in the address confidentiality program established under sections 589.660 to 589.681 because of safety concerns.
Thank you for reading!